• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

? regarding my home loan interest rate in Ch. 7

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kodiak

What is the name of your state? UT

Here in Utah we do not have to reaffirm loans in order to keep our property. I want to make sure I understand it the way it was explained to me. For example, if I owe $15000 on a car after the discharge I technically no longer owe the finance company any money as it was discharged in the bk. However, since they hold a lien on the vehicle I need to satisfy the lien in order to prevent repossesion. Am I correct in this example.

My question has to do with my mortgage. I have an ARM mortgage that I am current on. This was included in the bk. I will not be reaffirming this note. Is my original note I signed still in force for the ARM, in otherwords, can they continue to adjust my mortgage rate every 6 months?

Thanks in advance.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">