• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regarding Settlement Annuity Purchase

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jennifer672

What is the name of your state? North carolina. In 1996 I Settled in a case regarding my Mothers death. Annuities were set up for for my sisters and myself. In 1998 I sold my Annuity to a popular company that purchases Annuities. I have grieved ever since. I was very embarresed and feel that I didn't use proper judgement.I sold $190,000.00 for $14,000.00. We were almost in a poverty situation, living paycheck to paycheck. I hate to say this but I feel the company took advantage of me. Since the purchase of my Annuity, they have received $40,000.00. I would like to reverse this since they are out no money and have received more than they gave me. I have no idea what type of lawyer to use in this matter, or what steps to take. Can someone offer me any advice? Thank You, Jennifer M.

ALawyer

Absent fraud, or something misleading, you made a conscious decision -- admittedly one that looks dumb in retrospect (and it was a BAD one). It's now 6 years later and even if you once had a claim, the applicable statute of limitations may have run. I never did practice in NC, but unless a lawyer there knows something different, I doubt that I'd say anything but "I'm sorry".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">