• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Regaurding Employee rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

booneyjay

What is the name of your state? Fl

i would like to know if what my employer is doing is legal and if not is there any recourse. in the past 4-5 months managment of the large corp i work for has been changing a lot of things. I.E. they are cutting back hours of employess that were hired full time to part time and losing benifits (when they were hired with open avalibility), they are also demanding people who were hired with set avalibilties to change them to all open or be made part time, randomly changing shifts ( like working days for over a year to nights one day then days the next then nights, then back to days), when full time making you only come in for 4 hour shifts instead of 7-8 hour shifts, trying to take the grandfathered in employees from 28 hour full time to now 32 hour full time( telling them that if they dont sign a paper changing from 28 hour full time to 32 hour they will be terminated), saying that normal employees have a 34 hour full time workweek, then sending you home early(so you dont get your 34 hours) and then saying youll loose benifits if you dont work 34 hours. There is more, but this post is already long, when discussion starts ill add more.

Thank you so much for any help(or light that you shed) on this topic.
Linda

pattytx

Nothing in your post is illegal, in and of itself. Generally speaking, unless you had a valid enforceable employment contract that prohibited the employer from taking such actions, the company can change your hours/days as business needs require. Or for no reason at all.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">