• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

registered name still active

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bakerpnt

What is the name of your state? Iowa

I am had a tree trimming service, I am the sole owner of this business and I have it registered with the state. My boyfriend was employeed by me, I paid him the same as any other employee, took out taxes, ect. The phone number we had listed for my business with my house address was mine, but the phone was under his name, which we switched to the business name. I have since kicked him out but he still has the same phone number which was always listed as the business. He continues to receive calls this ways and completes the jobs and I recieve nothing. Is there anything I can do that won't cost me an arm and leg?

divgradcurl

Get a new business phone number, and make sure your clients know of the new phone number. There probably isn't anything you could do about the existing phone number without an attorney. Question, though -- if the number was switched from being in his name to being in the business' name, how come he still has it?

B

bakerpnt

Because he contacted the phone company and set it up that he is the only one who can change anything including the listing. I can get a new number but all the ads have the old number and the phone company won't let me forward the calls, as he is the only one who can change things.

divgradcurl

Well, then it looks like you are either going tohave to get a new number and change all of the ads, or see if you can get a lawyer to get him to release the number. Itmight be cheaper to run new ads, but you could talk with a local lawyer and see what, if anything, could be done and what it might cost.

Good luck, and next time make sure all of your business stuff stays with the business, and only the business owner -- you -- has the authority to speak for or do anything for the business.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">