• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Registration of work in multiple countries

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dantren9101

What is the name of your state? international (non US)

Hello,

I am creating an online course (a book might also be considered) made of written material and videos (English). The age for learning this course is high school or a higher education.

Is it enough to register it in the US or should I register it in other countries as well like China, India, etc... ?

quincy

What is the name of your state? international (non US)

Hello,

I am creating an online course (a book might also be considered) made of written material and videos (English). The age for learning this course is high school or a higher education.

Is it enough to register it in the US or should I register it in other countries as well like China, India, etc... ?
Your original works are automatically protected by copyright laws in 180 countries as soon as they are fixed in tangible form. Registering your copyrights in the US will be necessary prior to suing an infringer in the US - but registration is not required otherwise.

You can check the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) site for copyright laws in other countries.

https://www.wipo.int/copyright/en/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">