• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reimbursement from Shady Agency

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Last year in March I travelled to the Pittsburgh area to begin as a consultant for an agency with a start day of Wednesday (allegedly- no first day instructions sent). My arrival was on Sunday. By Monday I was informed by the agency that there was no job.

I submitted some expenses with a promise of reimbursement from the recruiter. After a few weeks of no response, I cut my losses and moved on. I received a check from the agency 6 months later, backdated in April. I did not cash this check- no letter, no explanation, no description, no memo. Just a check with date in April. I let it expire.

I received another check with a November date for the same amount. I filed for unemployment after that loss as I had waited several weeks for this job that ultimately did not pan out. Will cashing this check nullify any of the unemployment? Is this a land mine? No pay stub- just a check.

PayrollHRGuy

Last year in March I travelled to the Pittsburgh area to begin as a consultant for an agency with a start day of Wednesday (allegedly- no first day instructions sent). My arrival was on Sunday. By Monday I was informed by the agency that there was no job.

I submitted some expenses with a promise of reimbursement from the recruiter. After a few weeks of no response, I cut my losses and moved on. I received a check from the agency 6 months later, backdated in April. I did not cash this check- no letter, no explanation, no description, no memo. Just a check with date in April. I let it expire.

I received another check with a November date for the same amount. I filed for unemployment after that loss as I had waited several weeks for this job that ultimately did not pan out. Will cashing this check nullify any of the unemployment? Is this a land mine? No pay stub- just a check.
It won't affect UI at all. It is a reimbursement check, not a paycheck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">