• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? my name is james and from north carolina. i received a traffic ticket and failed to pay it. my license was suspended. being hardheaded i was still driving and got stopped in another town 36 miles away trying to visit my kids. i got a lawyer to get the traffic ticket dropped to a selt belt violation and paid it off and got reinstated before my court appereance in the other town. the problem is not asking about that town's court times i went a day after the court date(ex. my town traffic case are on thursdays i went then but their town was on wednesdays) and got suspended for not appereance but i still got proof my license was valid prior to court date so it would have been thrown out how can i make it right without spending a fortune or spending anytime in jail. i pay child support so i cannot afford to be in jail or have all of this on my record.


Senior Member
Normally when you fail to appear you are automatically found guilty and the court has no incentive to revisit the issue. They collect more money because you now have a failure to appear charge.

Just because your license was reinstated does not mean that it valid on the date you received the ticket. The judge has a computer tied in to the DMV database on his desk.

All you can do is to talk to the judge and hope he is in a good mood.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential