• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

related entity

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

wrightdj

Many years ago I started my own business lets call XYZ Services, sole proprietor, some years later I started a new business called XYZ Services Ltd, in order to bid on a contract, some years later I dissolved the Ltd company, at the time the Ltd company had some debt.
I am still using the XYZ services, the creditors for the debt of the Ltd company are trying too put the debt to the sole proprietor business, my question is:
Are the two business a "related entity" that the debt can be transferred to the other?

quincy

Many years ago I started my own business lets call XYZ Services, sole proprietor, some years later I started a new business called XYZ Services Ltd, in order to bid on a contract, some years later I dissolved the Ltd company, at the time the Ltd company had some debt.
I am still using the XYZ services, the creditors for the debt of the Ltd company are trying too put the debt to the sole proprietor business, my question is:
Are the two business a "related entity" that the debt can be transferred to the other?
What is the name of your state?

quincy

And, in what state or states are/were your businesses formed, if different from your home state?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">