• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Related to Lisa75's Post

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?TX
I understood what you said (and those that replied) about the OAG not handling dental. I have been told that as well by them, but (and please excuse this if it already seems asked and answered) I just need someone who knows to clarify something if they can...

If the OAG initiates the contempt/modification hearing and one of the issues to be brought up by them is to address the issue of the children's insurance and unpaid, uninsured medical expenses, do you think that because they have the info before them about unpaid medical/dental and all the amounts that they will address the unpaid amount and not leave it out of the hearing because it's classified as dental? They are aware that it is in the original order. I'm wondering if the OAG's job is really to assist in enforcing the original cs order whenever possible, w/o leaving out certain items in the order?

Does anyone think I will be allowed to speak at the hearing to ask any questions such as Lisa75's comment about ammending or replacing the order? If my order gets replaced, then the NCP will get out of repaying the amount he owes me and the dentist that was included in the original order and I will be stuck footing the entire bill for braces. I'm already carrying and paying for the children's health insurance too.

ceara19

hereintexas said:
What is the name of your state?TX
I understood what you said (and those that replied) about the OAG not handling dental. I have been told that as well by them, but (and please excuse this if it already seems asked and answered) I just need someone who knows to clarify something if they can...

If the OAG initiates the contempt/modification hearing and one of the issues to be brought up by them is to address the issue of the children's insurance and unpaid, uninsured medical expenses, do you think that because they have the info before them about unpaid medical/dental and all the amounts that they will address the unpaid amount and not leave it out of the hearing because it's classified as dental? They are aware that it is in the original order. I'm wondering if the OAG's job is really to assist in enforcing the original cs order whenever possible, w/o leaving out certain items in the order?

Does anyone think I will be allowed to speak at the hearing to ask any questions such as Lisa75's comment about ammending or replacing the order? If my order gets replaced, then the NCP will get out of repaying the amount he owes me and the dentist that was included in the original order and I will be stuck footing the entire bill for braces. I'm already carrying and paying for the children's health insurance too.
It is the AG's job to enforce the exsisting CS and medical order. They do not HAVE to enforce dental bills when doing so.

Yes, you can speak at the hearing. If this is the first hearing, it will be conducted by a case worker from the AG's office, NOT a judge. If they say anything that sounds "off", you can dispute it. You DO NOT HAVE to accept the AG's proposal. If you feel that what they come up with is not right, REFUSE to sign ANYTHING and request the case be sent to the judge.

Whatever you do, DON'T let the AG bully you into thinking you HAVE to agree to their terms. They will try every way possible, including lying, to try and pressure you into signing the agreement right then and there. You DO NOT have to. In ANY modification proccess you have the right to see the judge and let the court make a determination. Make sure you know how you feel the agreement should be worked out before going to any hearing.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">