• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Release a friend from liability

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

bonzobear56

What is the name of your state? Indiana

A friend has a farm and I have asked him I my kids and I may have permission to ride our dirtbikes there. He has kindly agreed but said that he does not have extensive insurnce on the property. I would like to give him some kind of release from liability should I or my kids become injured while riding on his property. For the sake of simplicity, let's assume that there is absolutely no negligence or involvement of this friendly farm owner with regard to the injury.

How would I do this? What form would it take. Just a letter or would something more "legal" be required?

If one of us were injured while riding on his property and incurred medical expenses would this release of liability effect the responsibility of my medical insurance to pay?

Thank you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">