• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Release and waiver.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



State: California
Question: Can I as adminstrator, Executor and Trustee of the will and trust REQUIRE benificiarys to sign a waiver and release when I distrubute their part of the estate per the instructions included in the trust, will and amendments thereto. I know there is a form called RECEIPT ON DISTRUBUTION. But I want something more effective to state that they will not sue or want something else down the road.
Everyone was served with the proper notice of my fathers demise per Calif code 16061 (probate) giving 120 days to file suit etc. Help is appreciated.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential