• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

release from unfinished contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lessormore

What is the name of your state? Minnesota

I entered into an agreement to with a roofing comany to pay them $3500 for a new roof. During the tear-off it was discovered I needed complete decking. I signed an additional agreement for $1,800 for all new decking. In the process my cathedral ceiling was punctured with over 70 nails protruding into the interior of my home. I stopped the work insisting on a state inspector. I found out they never got a permit to do the work which was part of the original agreement and is state law.

At this point; I verbally agreed on a monitary settlement from their insurance company. The roofing company has a deductable of $500 which they are to pay me direct and said they will release me from the contracts if I forget about the deductable.

Do I need a release from these unfulfilled contracts?

I do not want to give them anything. It has been 3 months and I only have a tarp on my ceiling boards and winter is coming.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">