• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

release of information

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I

INAZ

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state?

State of Arizona.

I have been approved for and have been receiving both Social Security disability and LTD from a state plan. SSA did a review of my eligibility when they noticed my income from the state and thought I was working. I submitted the LTD income statements which matched my earnings submitted to the IRS and they give me written confirmation that I had passed the eligibility review and would be continued on SSD. I notified the state plan as I was required. The state plan has just requested that I sign a release of information to all my Social Security records so they can "verify income". Am I required to give them access to all my Social Security records or just the information in the eligibility review that verified my income. I'm not sure I want anyone looking at all my physician's records and application forms when I have already established eligibility for LTD with the state plan. Can I require the state plan to limit their access to my Social Security records to just the income verification from the eligibility review?

H

hmmbrdzz

You don't want anyone looking at your SS disability records except the SSA. Do not sign any release of information until you consult a SS disability representative and have advised them what's being requested of you by your state plan. I do not know if you can limit your state plan's access to the income eligibility review by the SSA only, but I do know that if you sign a release to the records used by SSA to determine your eligibility of benefits, you have just signed over your entire medical history for someone else's review.

hmmbrdzz

C

CIAA

INAZ, don't create a problem where one does not exist. What is in your SSD medical records that you don't want your LTD carrier to see.......that would be my question

I

INAZ

Thank you for your reply. I have filled out so many releases of information for the SSA, STD, LTD, and other agencies that I don't know who has what. I'm overwhelmed by this process. I don't have anything in my background that is questionable, but I don't think I want my entire medical history laid bare to anyone who approaches me with a release of information. My STD, LTD, and STD were approved immediately, but there is a lot of sensitive personal but not questionable data on me and I'd like to know who has what and who can get what.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

TOP TEN Reasons Why Inaz Should Not Release Her Medical Information - -

NUMBER 10: Her small intestine mysteriously bears the "Kentucky Fried Chicken" logo.

NUMBER 9: She's a Medical Marijuana Product Quality Tester.

NUMBER 8: She's tired of explaining why the guy with metal detector keeps finding 55-gallon drums of medical waste in her pockets.

NUMBER 7: Under "fat to muscle ratio," doctor wrote, "Like, about a zillion to one".

NUMBER 6: She's at the ideal weight for a woman who is nine feet tall.

NUMBER 5: Her blood type: "O-Gravy".

NUMBER 4: Pasty whiteness of thighs caused by years of eating powdered donut sugar.

NUMBER 3: She's the first person known to have a double-jointed stomach.

NUMBER 2: She wants it kept secret that she has 20/20 vision, and has been collecting royalties from the TV show "20/20."

AND NOW, the NUMBER ONE Reason Why Inaz Should Not Release Her Medical Information - -

She doesn't want anyone to know that her doctor's medical degree is from that correspondence school endorsed by Sally Struthers.

IAAL

H

hmmbrdzz

Inaz: If an attorney assisted you with your SSD claim, call your attorney. If not, call the SS representative who assisted you or simply call SS and ask someone to help you. SSD will not release anything to anyone unless you sign a consent form, and there are many things you can consent to be released and request not be released. SSD will send you the correct form to fill out and send back to them so they can release that information to who it needs to go to. Do not delay in finding out what's going on and what you need to do because delay could effect your benefits.

hmmbrdzz

I

INAZ

I did as you suggested and contacted SSA. The representative knew exactly what you were talking about and sent me a detailed release of information form to send to the LTD carrier with a copy for SSA records. The information you provided was very valuable, very well informed, and obviously from someone with experience and expertise in this field. My thanks again.

H

hmmbrdzz

You're welcomed INAZ. I hope everything works out for you. And I'm sorry that because I didn't respond more specifically in my first post, you became the target of some tasteless responses.

hmmbrdzz

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Okay, hmmbrdzz.

I understand you now.

Also, please understand me - - I'll be "dogging" your posts now like Halket has done with you.

I'm going to make absolutely sure you "tow the line" by double checking your responses for accuracy, and making my comments, like you did here, accordingly.

IAAL

H

hmmbrdzz

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE said:
My response:

Okay, hmmbrdzz.

I understand you now.

Also, please understand me - - I'll be "dogging" your posts now like Halket has done with you.

I'm going to make absolutely sure you "tow the line" by double checking your responses for accuracy, and making my comments, like you did here, accordingly.

IAAL

My response: You understand me now? It doesn't sound like you do. I'll clarify: I am sorry INAZ was the target of a tasteless top ten following my initital post. If you need someone to hold your hand where my posts are concerned, reach out. I'll be there.

hmmbrdzz

nailtech

hmmbrdzz,
When you hit your "Enter" button, make sure your Fonts are not on San Francisco style... because I think that’s what you just chose...;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">