• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

released and not paid

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Miss C Tee

I live in one California county and worked in another county (same state). My employer paid me to relocate closer to the job site and now tells me that here is no money to continue to pay me. I left a job to relocate hoping to have long term employment, now I need to relocate back to familiarity with no job and no pay and no money to relocate.
If there is no money to pay me, how can the company continue to operate? Can I cancel the company security contract and lock them out until I get paid, since the contract was signed solely by me??

[Edited by Miss C Tee on 05-02-2001 at 03:33 PM]

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential