• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Religious discrimination

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mass_Shyster

I'm not not sure what everyone's background is in this forum but let me give you an situation and tell me what you think.

Before filing EEOC charges I made several complaints to management, human resources etc.. no one cared to look into it but now they have eeoc charges and now they want to investigate it and ask me for evidence to support my allegations towards being discriminated against. As an employee do I have to give up any evidence at this point since they could have asked for it prior to the eeoc charges?

I feel they just want to see the evidence to figure out a way to counter argue the proof. Also I have requested my personnel file a month ago and everyone I speak to says someone else is working on it. If they dont want to give me a copy of my personnel file then why should I give up evidence prior to at least an eeoc mediation meeting.

The vice president of human resources sent me an email yesterday pretty much begging me to provide proof.
Ask your lawyer.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
I agree. I'm a long time HR professional; I used to be the one who did the investigations and I've taught classes in how to identify illegal harassment and what to do about it. But how you should respond to your HR at this point needs to be determined by someone who has details you should not put out on the internet; in other words, your own lawyer. You have what sounds to me to be a pretty good case (unlike about 95% of the people who post here) and I would hate to ruin it for you by giving you advice that turns out to be bad because I didn't have all the facts.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">