• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Religious Training

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Kay Riddle

Texas - In the divorce/custody papers, I have the Exclusive Right to determine the moral and religious training of my two children. My ex-husband wants to take them to a strange church that is not based on the same doctrine of the church the children regularly attend with me. Can I insist that they be allowed to attend church with me on the weekends that he has visitation? I have offered to pick them up, take them to church, and return them immediately afterward.

brisgirl825

I doubt that you will win the ability to take the kids to church on his time. However, if in the orders, you have final decisions on religious training, then you can ask that he stop taking them to a church that is not of your faith.

Religion is a sticky situation. Good luck.

BelizeBreeze

Kay Riddle said:
Texas - In the divorce/custody papers, I have the Exclusive Right to determine the moral and religious training of my two children. My ex-husband wants to take them to a strange church that is not based on the same doctrine of the church the children regularly attend with me. Can I insist that they be allowed to attend church with me on the weekends that he has visitation? I have offered to pick them up, take them to church, and return them immediately afterward.
You can if you want a citation for contempt and explain to a judge that attending church is the same as Moral and religious training.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">