• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relinquish father rights and not pay for child support ever again

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

superdeliman

California

I got a phone call from the atty of my ex, he stated proposed to have me releave the rights for my two dauthers and not pay child support ever again.

I asked him why would the mother do this, he said that it is to the benefit of both parties to do this.

I would like to know if there is such law in california that prevents the party from getting servered again in a later year once you have signed off paperwork to do this.
Why would a lawyer advise his client to do this?
Would it be convient for me to do this?

P.S. note that if I were to take the releave of right, I would start my life with a new partner and be happy but have a conciense that I have two children.
On the other side, I would not like to do this because I have been in contact with my child before and I miss it... so I would not releave my rights to be a father and not provide to them.
I am currently paying child support but have no visitation rights at the moment. I am the father of the children and had time with them before.

Last edited:

Isis1

California

I got a phone call from the atty of my ex, he stated proposed to have me releave the rights for my two dauthers and not pay child support ever again.

I asked him why would the mother do this, he said that it is to the benefit of both parties to do this.

I would like to know if there is such law in california that prevents the party from getting servered again in a later year once you have signed off paperwork to do this.
Why would a lawyer advise his client to do this?
Would it be convient for me to do this?

P.S. note that if I were to take the releave of right, I would start my life with a new partner and be happy but have a conciense that I have two children.
On the other side, I would not like to do this because I have been in contact with my child before and I miss it... so I would not releave my rights to be a father and not provide to them.
slightly confused. so more facts will be needed. is mom remarried? is there an order for support now? have you been legally established as dad? custody/visitation ordered?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">