• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation and Grandparents

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

J

jimmysgrl

What is the name of your state? Colorado

Okay, here's the deal. My new husband is being relocated to Florida for employment reasons. My sister and her family recently moved there, my parents live there, his sister and her new husband live there, and his parents live there.

My ex lives here, as do his parents and other family. My x father in law recently threatened me with a lawsuit (thanks IAAL!)
Since then, he has been negotiating over his son's child support arrearages and pmts.

My x has not yet agreed to the removal, and since his daddy fights all his battles, will probably argue this.

I drew up a proposal, with a revised visitation schedule which includes almost EVERY bit of vacation time my children have.

So, x father in law is very annoyed about the amount he has to pay to keep his son out of jail (contempt of court) and is now threatening to fight the removal (i'm sure with and thru his son)

Also, wants to fight for grandparent rights. I have never not allowed them to see the children, and have, in fact, let the children spend much more time with them than the parenting agreement has called for. Usually a week or longer every three months, extra time during the week etc etc.

My question...how does colorado stand on removal of children? Can they get visitation time when the children are supposed to be in school in Florida?
I have no problem with them spending time with the children, I just want to have an idea of what my rights are? They are doing this out of spite, not because i've denied them any time with the children, nor would I.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">