• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation case / kids residence question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad4457

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

I have a relocation case approaching and my lawyer are going to arguing many issues against it. One of the issues is the house that my ex wants to more the kids to. I think this would be a big factor but my lawyer, not so much.. wondering what the thoughts from the forum are...

Would it be a (major or minor) determining factor by the courts that she wants to move our kids (5-7) to her boyfriends house that is a two bedroom / one bathroom house. Note that he has a (2 y/o) child so it will be two adults (my-ex and BF), my two kids, and his kid in a 2-bedroom house. As it is now, she has a townhouse where both of our kids have their own rooms and I have a house where the kids have their own rooms.

Like I mentioned, there are many more factors but I was wondering how much the living situation weighs into the equation.

dad4457

If you don't trust your attorney then you may want to consider getting a new attorney.
ok, let me rephrase my post...

I have a relocation case approaching and my lawyer are going to arguing many issues against it. One of the issues is the house that my ex wants to more the kids to.

Would it be a (major or minor) determining factor by the courts that she wants to move our kids (5-7) to her boyfriends house that is a two bedroom / one bathroom house. Note that he has a (2 y/o) child so it will be two adults (my-ex and BF), my two kids, and his kid in a 2-bedroom house. As it is now, she has a townhouse where both of our kids have their own rooms and I have a house where the kids have their own rooms.

Like I mentioned, there are many more factors but I was wondering how much the living situation weighs into the equation

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
ok, let me rephrase my post...

I have a relocation case approaching and my lawyer are going to arguing many issues against it. One of the issues is the house that my ex wants to more the kids to.

Like I mentioned, there are many more factors but I was wondering how much the living situation weighs into the equation
If this were your ONLY post on this matter, I would respond with the following:

You have an attorney who is familiar with your case and the local courts. You should ask your attorney.

dad4457

Thanks for your input Jane, that helps.

Zigner - whats the point of this forum then? I'm asking questions to get different points of view to check my lawyer and to see if anyone has ever had a similar situation or anyone has input. My case is very important to me and my childrens lives. My lawyer might have 20 cases and they don't effect him or his kids lives. I'm just trying to get answers, opinions, and suggestion to my questions that will help me better understand the legal system that I'm going through.

ask your lawyer, get a lawyer, your lawyer should answer this... those aren't answers - sorry but isn't the point of an assistance forum for assistance?

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Unless you have several more serious concerns, I doubt the housing issue will be determining..

Zigner

Thanks for your input Jane, that helps.

Zigner - whats the point of this forum then? I'm asking questions to get different points of view to check my lawyer and to see if anyone has ever had a similar situation or anyone has input. My case is very important to me and my childrens lives. My lawyer might have 20 cases and they don't effect him or his kids lives. I'm just trying to get answers, opinions, and suggestion to my questions that will help me better understand the legal system that I'm going through.

ask your lawyer, get a lawyer, your lawyer should answer this... those aren't answers - sorry but isn't the point of an assistance forum for assistance?
In my opinion, if you trust your attorney, then it's unwise to muddy the waters (so to speak) by seeking opinions from folks who have no clue what-so-ever about the details of your case nor the climate of your local courts.

dad4457

In my opinion, if you trust your attorney, then it's unwise to muddy the waters (so to speak) by seeking opinions from folks who have no clue what-so-ever about the details of your case nor the climate of your local courts.
you sould just cut and past that for all your answers then...

Zigner

you sould just cut and past that for all your answers then...
No, not at all. But in your specific case, I feel that it's a valid position to take.

In any case, as has been suggested by others (and, by me in a round-about way), the residence issue probably won't be that much of a factor.

dad4457

No, not at all. But in your specific case, I feel that it's a valid position to take.

In any case, as has been suggested by others (and, by me in a round-about way), the residence issue probably won't be that much of a factor.
true, thanks for the answer.... there are a lot more factors, I just dont want to spill my entire case on a public forum so I just seek stuff that I can use in my case.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Well... I had an attorney and still sought advice/information from sources such as (and including) this. I don't think it needs to be an either/or...

Why does your lawyer believe it will not be that big of an issue?

Zigner

Well... I had an attorney and still sought advice/information from sources such as (and including) this. I don't think it needs to be an either/or...

Why does your lawyer believe it will not be that big of an issue?
The OP is seeking opinions about a very specific aspect of the case which require a lot more information than the OP has given (or is willing to give). I agree that we can answer in a very generalized way, but I also feel that, for THIS question, the OP's trusted attorney is the best person to ask.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
true, thanks for the answer.... there are a lot more factors, I just dont want to spill my entire case on a public forum so I just seek stuff that I can use in my case.
Please keep all your questions in ONE thread. You've got 3 or 4 started. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">