• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation Expense Reimbursement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clk3232

While employed in CA, my company was relocating their office from the San Francisco Bay area to other areas in CA. I chose to relocate at the company's expense and signed a 1 year relocation expense agreement. I was the only person in the new location that transfered in from the Bay Area.

From the get go I had terrible run-ins with upper management but never reported the incidents to HR. After enduring 6 months of torture I decided to quit and return to the Bay Area. Upon quiting, I made numerous complaints in my HR reviwe that I quit due to poor management at the location. A couple months later I found out that 5 other people quit in the months after I quit and that there was an internal HR review of the branch office. I don't know what happended to the Branch Manager, who was the cause of all the troubles, but I do know that a few department managers quit due to the same problems I had.

Do I have any legal ground to stand on to get out of paying the prorated relocation expenses due to poor working conditions? Would testimony from other employees help my cause or is all of this irrelevant? Thank you.

JETX

clk3232 said:
Do I have any legal ground to stand on to get out of paying the prorated relocation expenses due to poor working conditions?
Depending on the FULL facts, you MIGHT have some mitigating circumstances that the court might hear... but it probably won't alter your obligation to reimburse them per the written agreement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">