• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation Loan status when a company sells

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Andrew_G

I'm a 10 yr Ops Mgr for a global company that is due to complete an asset sale of the facility I'm at in California to another global company.

I have a company provided home loan from a relocation package scheduled to run through 2014 by contract.

Language in the contract speaks to termination but not necessarily a sale.

Info from HR has been minimal.

Is there any obligation of the current company to address this issue in the sale?

If the loan is not picked up by the new company and is required to be paid off in full in a short term, I may not be able to secure new financing for the home.

Do I have any recourse? :confused:

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CAWhat is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Andrew_G

Follow-up: would the loan be considered an asset as the current company actually owns part of my house? Would the loan be considered a personal services contract?

pattytx

That would be stretching it, but only an attorney in your state who has read the agreement in its entirety could say.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">