• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation order & court date - question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

dad4457

Hi All, its my first post.... I live in Pennsylvania

My ex wants to re-locate the kids to the boyfriends house about an hour and a half away (in state). I'm fighting it and we are looking at a court date about 2 months from now. Everything is pointing that the courts will deny the request and have them remain here where they have lived all their lives..

I have an issue and maybe someone can help - they spend about 6-7 nights a month at the boyfriends house... Is there a number of days that the children reside at a residence that the courts might view that as .. hey, they are pretty much living there already.

Should I file papers to put a stop to these overnight visits at the house where she wants the kids to re-locate?

I would think, somewhere in law world there is a set number of days.

Last edited:

Proserpina

Hi All, its my first post....

My ex wants to re-locate the kids to the boyfriends house about an hour and a half away. I'm fighting it and we are looking at a court date about 2 months from now. Everything is pointing that the courts will deny the request and have them remain here where they have lived all their lives..

I have an issue and maybe someone can help - they spend about 6-7 nights a month at the boyfriends house... Is there a number of days that the children reside at a residence that the courts might view that as .. hey, they are pretty much living there already.

Should I file papers to put a stop to these overnight visits at the house where she wants the kids to re-locate?

I would thin there somewhere in law world there is a set number of days.

It is critical that you name your state. And is it an in-state move?

Proserpina

PA and the move is with in state
Thanks!

In PA, the burden of proof rests with the party wanting to relocate - in other words, Mom will have to convince the court that the relocation is in the best interests of the child.

You can't stop Mom from staying overnight at the boyfriend's house with the kids.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">