• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation out of state and visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

1MOdad

Earlier in the thread you said this:

Once the answers didn't go the way you wanted, you said this:

Just sayin'
Two different questions....One question specifically asked if she would have sex with my daughter there. The second question asked about an over night guest...not about sex.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Two different questions....One question specifically asked if she would have sex with my daughter there. The second question asked about an over night guest...not about sex.
Taken in context for that question "overnight guest" = sex.

You're not going to be able to restrict somebody coming over to stay the night platonically. I have female friends that have spent the night before...even when my wife wasn't home...and we didn't have sex.

1MOdad

Taken in context "overnight guest" = sex.
Understood but not always the case in my opinion. As stated earlier there were drunken guests at her prior house. And yes its safest for someone to not drink and drive but Uber exists. With a studio apartment that has no separate rooms I wouldn't want someone staying the night. And I doubt my x would appreciate it if I did that either.

Just Blue

Understood but not always the case in my opinion. As stated earlier there were drunken guests at her prior house. And yes its safest for someone to not drink and drive but Uber exists. With a studio apartment that has no separate rooms I wouldn't want someone staying the night. And I doubt my x would appreciate it if I did that either.
Try discussing your concerns with her.

t74

Has it been a shorter visit, there would be less incentive to have an overnight guest,

If you approach a no overnight romantic guest rule from the "I want you (mom) to be comfortable that there will be no women spending the night at my (dad's) house", then you get what you want without looking to control mom since the rule imposes the same restriction on you both.

LdiJ

I understand that. I'm asking what can be inc

If it's in the parenting plan it's enforceable. I've spoken with my lawyer and there can he verbage in the plan but it has to work both ways.

Yes, of course anything that is in the parenting plan can be enforceable, although whether or not a judge will actually enforce it can sometimes be questionable. Parents sometimes agree to things in parenting plans that are actually NOT enforceable under the law.

TheGeekess

Keeper of the Kraken
Way too many hypotheticals
Well, what did you expect? Nobody posting knows your judge nor the atmosphere of the court . If you want to find out what will happen in front of your judge, pay your attorney to answer your questions.

CJane

What county in MO?

Also - HOW do you intend to enforce a no paramour order, should one be put in place? How will you know, without asking your 6 year old and dragging her into the middle of the drama between her parents (and yes, this IS nothing more than drama), whether Mom has overnight guests of any stripe while kiddo is there?

Why should Mom be required to have a 2 BR apartment in a fairly expensive area (as compared to Kansas City) all year round, just so you can be certain that what, there's a door and paper thin walls btwn Mom and kiddo? Do you actually want a judge to order that Mom have NO SOCIAL ENGAGEMENTS WHATSOEVER while the child is visiting her? No parties, no people over to watch a game or play cards, no having girlfriends over for drinks, etc?

And, when Mom was local and having parties, etc, what did you do about it THEN? Just say "Well, kiddo has a bedroom, so it's fine."? Or did you have an issue and address it? The answer to THAT matters a great deal.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">