• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Relocation reimbursement not paid and employment terminated

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alliedhealth

State: KS

I had a question on relocation reimbursement.
My employer had offered me a job and the offer letter had the following two items
a) A two year contract (no termination penalty though)
b) A sign-on bonus and relocation allowance

I relocated for the job to the new state but unfortunately my employer terminated me in the first month while on probation. My sign-on bonus & relocation expense were not paid yet.

My question is, am I entitled to sign-on bonus and relocation expense if the employer chooses to terminate the employment? Does the employer has to stand by the commitment given in offer letter?
Any advice will be highly appreciated

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
State: KS

I had a question on relocation reimbursement.
My employer had offered me a job and the offer letter had the following two items
a) A two year contract (no termination penalty though)
b) A sign-on bonus and relocation allowance

I relocated for the job to the new state but unfortunately my employer terminated me in the first month while on probation. My sign-on bonus & relocation expense were not paid yet.

My question is, am I entitled to sign-on bonus and relocation expense if the employer chooses to terminate the employment? Does the employer has to stand by the commitment given in offer letter?
Any advice will be highly appreciated
You would want to have all of your documents reviewed by a local attorney to help you understand what is due to you. Contract review is beyond the scope of this forum. Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">