• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Remodeling walls

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jfranco

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

My family and I had a fire in our house. The inside of our house has to be gutted and remodeled. Most General Contractors we have spoken to are booked until next year. My husband and I want to get things moving and want to start knocking down the walls as in removing the sheetrock and insulation. Do we need to pull a permit to do that? We are not altering any of the walls. We just want to get the house ready so when we do have a contractor they just have to do the remodeling end of it. We also heard that NH does not have a license for General Contractor. We have only lived in NH for a year so we just want to know if that is true. Can we get a General Contractor that is licensed in MA?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? New Hampshire

My family and I had a fire in our house. The inside of our house has to be gutted and remodeled. Most General Contractors we have spoken to are booked until next year. My husband and I want to get things moving and want to start knocking down the walls as in removing the sheetrock and insulation. Do we need to pull a permit to do that? We are not altering any of the walls. We just want to get the house ready so when we do have a contractor they just have to do the remodeling end of it. We also heard that NH does not have a license for General Contractor. We have only lived in NH for a year so we just want to know if that is true. Can we get a General Contractor that is licensed in MA?
Are you on a border town?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">