• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

remoldeling project

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bhahn

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania
My husband And I own a general contruction business.
We currently have a job where the homeowner whats her garage turned to a work room with bathroom and/or to be used as a bedroom later on. The homeowner insisted that the work be done by 1/1/04. The homeowner also instructed us that all plumbing issues needed were behind an already existing wall which was later to be determined as false and aquires the work of a lisenced plumber ,a sewage pump and a 3 foot hole. The home owner frequently is demanding changes to the room and then waits a few days and changes it back to original arrangement this has been on going since the contract was made. She is very demanding, and very Rude to say the least. We are still waiting for the plumber,so the bathroom can be completed, This pump,plumber and hole was not included in the cost of this contract. She is as well disputing that. but has agreed to pay for all except plumbers time. She is expecting exact date to when room will be finished however she refuses to speak with the plumber herself to get this date we were given estimated time of completeion and its not satifactory to her. She constantly is calling for changes to be made, dates, etc... what are our chances of terminating this contract with out losing what has already been put into this job as far as meterial,time etc... And to advoid law proceeding from either parties

Last edited:

JETX

As you probably know, no one can answer your questions without a FULL and extensive review of your contract and the conditions. Contact a local attorney who should be able to help you.

B

bhahn

I know that I would need an attorney more than likely, I just wanted an opinion from the more experienced whether we have any legal standing of walking away from this contract,because we are so fed up and frustrated by this woman and her actions,We are trying very hard to be civil for the sake of business.Thank you for your input we appreciate it .

JETX

On the surface, and without a full review, you can't just 'walk away' without some risk of legal action on her part.

B

bhahn

"remodeling project"pt2

OKay today is a new day,I understand that we cant walk out on this contract................................However since the last post the homeowner has terminated her contract on the bases she didn't want to wait for the plumber or her siding Which is being shipped from the manufacturer. The job is 3/4 the way done. are we out of the money or is she responsible for payment on the work that has already been done,being she is the one that backed out.We also have ladders and tools in her room that we were doing,That she refuses to get out.She has threatened us with her attorney though I don't see why being it was her desicion to walk or void the contract.What are our chances if this goes to court and getting our money that we put in for time and materials.Any help is appreciated.I don't know if this helps but she gave no notice to void out this contract and it was done by telephone.

Last edited:

JETX

"What are our standings if this goes to court and getting our money that we put in for time and materials"
*** And with that, we are right back at the content of my previous post:
"no one can answer your questions without a FULL and extensive review of your contract and the conditions. Contact a local attorney who should be able to help you."

B

bhahn

I don't understand... The contract was written for time, materials
with 1/3 down and ramaining balance at completetion however the job is not complete because she backed out with only 3/4 done.There were also additions such as a window and several electrical fixures. On the contract it stated additions and/or changes will be of extra costs.Which was all agreeable and signed by both parties.Can she walk out of this contract free and clear of the remaining charges.I know that she won't have to pay off the full balance but she should be reliable for the work that was finished.

JETX

"Can she walk out of this contract free and clear of the remaining charges.I know that she won't have to pay off the full balance but she should be reliable for the work that was finished."
*** What part of SEE A LOCAL ATTORNEY do you not understand??? Your issue is complex and will depend on a lot of factors not amenable to a review on the forum.

B

bhahn

I do Understand that attorney part thank you,what exactly is the point to come on these forums and ask for advise and in turn get advised to get advise else where.Thanks for nothing literally.

JETX

The forum is for those that have questions that are simple enough for the format. Yours is obviously (and repeatedly not). So, of course you're welcome.

Even though you can't read and understand fairly plain english. Literally!

B

bhahn

I can read & understand english just fine, just not yours. If you didn't or don't have a clue why respond.Thanks -good bye

JETX

Tell you what... I have some great legal advice for you.... and it is absolutely free.
Kiss my ass!
And I hope that, in reviewing all the facts of your problem, she does have a case against you and sues YOUR ass also.
:D

B

bhahn

You can take your own advise and shove it up your own ass and kiss it while your there.God bless all that take advise from someone that knows SQUAT!!!!!(you).For someone whom claims to know so much,really only knows very little exspecially when its brought to surface and you have to get offesive.Good night

H

hexeliebe

whomever you are sbahn, you just blew any help one of the three most knowledgable attorneys on this forum could have given you. And I for one would have told you long ago to kiss my ass.

If you want to hold the paperwork you have, including receipts, contracts and any other writings regarding this deal up to the monitor, MAYBE we could read them and offer a valid opinion.

As it is, you are wanting a specific answer for which only fools and their followers would pay. Good night and good riddance.

B

bhahn

I just wanted to know of the chance in cases like this.I didn't blow anything because there was no help given.I did give a brief description of the contract like the forum said to do.But like I said in cases like this not specifically mine, (the chance).the obsceneneity there is no wonder you are online you people suck at advise or mabey like I said before CLUELESS therefore why respond.,You people don't offer advise you all offer your own sarcastic opinion,now what kind of help is that. Its advise not INTIMIDATION!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">