• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Removal of 50-B from husband record

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

amchandl

What is the name of your state? North Carolina. Guilford County

Approx 3 years ago my husband I were having some real troubles. He was becoming more and more verbally abusive, and also becoming physically abusive. (Throwing things at me, pointing knives, threatening suicide in front of me). One altercation took place at my parent's house, in front of them and our children, and at that point I took out a 50-B Restraining order on him. Since then, we both went to counseling, and he is a changed man. We were able to work out everything without it escalating to anger, and he was able to see how much it was hurting us when he lashed out like he was doing. When we went back to court for the hearing for the 50-B, I dropped all charges. The problem is that it is still showing up when employers do a criminal check on him, even though I had it thrown out. Can someone tell me how we can go about getting it taken off of his record?
Thank you

seniorjudge

amchandl said:
What is the name of your state? North Carolina. Guilford County

Approx 3 years ago my husband I were having some real troubles. He was becoming more and more verbally abusive, and also becoming physically abusive. (Throwing things at me, pointing knives, threatening suicide in front of me). One altercation took place at my parent's house, in front of them and our children, and at that point I took out a 50-B Restraining order on him. Since then, we both went to counseling, and he is a changed man. We were able to work out everything without it escalating to anger, and he was able to see how much it was hurting us when he lashed out like he was doing. When we went back to court for the hearing for the 50-B, I dropped all charges. The problem is that it is still showing up when employers do a criminal check on him, even though I had it thrown out. Can someone tell me how we can go about getting it taken off of his record?
Thank you

Q: Can someone tell me how we can go about getting it taken off of his record?

A: You cannot unring the bell.

Expungement/pardon

There are several thousand questions on this forum similar to yours. Thus, I have prepared a standard answer.

Standard answer: Expungement is generally granted for illegal arrests or unlawful convictions. Generally, pardons mean you are forgiven for the crime but it remains on your record.

Check with the governor or attorney general of your state to see how you can go about either of these procedures. Check with the Attorney General or the President for federal expungement or pardon.

You must remember that there may be private background check companies that have past offenses on their databases; those reports will never be expunged.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=848776#post848776

Stand by...others may offer more advice.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">