• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

Removal of bankruptcy from credit report

litisk

California

My bankruptcy was finalized in Sept of 2010 in California. I know they can keep it on my credit report for 10 years. Who do I contact to ask if they will remove it now that it's been 7 years? Thanks!

Zigner

California

My bankruptcy was finalized in Sept of 2010 in California. I know they can keep it on my credit report for 10 years. Who do I contact to ask if they will remove it now that it's been 7 years? Thanks!
You don't have to contact anyone. It stays on your report and, in three years, it will fall off, just like it's supposed to.

adjusterjack

It's a Dry Heat
California

It isn't coming off.

On the bright side, a 7 year old bankruptcy is a lot less damaging after all that time.

However, if your credit score is still very low, you might have other negative entries that are doing it.

quincy

It isn't coming off.

On the bright side, a 7 year old bankruptcy is a lot less damaging after all that time.

However, if your credit score is still very low, you might have other negative entries that are doing it.
Wrong. A Chapter 13 bankruptcy is removed from credit reports after 7 years and a Chapter 7 bankruptcy is removed from credit reports after 10 years, as PayRollHRGuy already noted.