• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Remove a Partner

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I started a business in Wisconsin in 1996. I took on a Partner in 1998 and became a General Partnership. This Partnership was 50/50. In 1999, we took on another Partner making all of us equal 1/3 owners. This 3rd Partner is not working out and causing alot of problems within the company. My first Partner and I gave him a very fair buyout offer which he has turned down. Customers & Employees are starting to notice the fighting between the Partners. The company can not continue this way! Can we REMOVE this Partner?



Yes. The two of you can dissolve the 3-way p'ship & start a new 2-way p'ship. You will have to go through a formal winding-up & pay P whatever the bottom line indicates he should receive. You'll need a VERY good accountant & a partnership lawyer. Start looking tomorrow.

See "PARTNER LEAVING BUSINESS W/my $" for more info on winding up a p'ship.

This is not legal advice and you are not my client. Double check everything with your own attorney and your state's laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential