• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Remove my nude photo

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tranquility

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? CA

California finally tired of one of those "revenge" websites that try to profit from the misery of others. At:

http://oag.ca.gov/system/files/attachments/press_releases/Arrest%20warrant_0.pdf?

is the arrest warrant of one of the owners of a website that posts pictures from jilted lovers and links to their social media locations and encourages comments from all. No worries if the target has a problem with that as the website directs them to a reputation website where the target can pay to have his/her photos removed.

Identity theft, extortion and any of a number of crimes are alleged. I don't know if it is going to fly, but it looks like such websites should avoid people in California until the courts decide. We can only hope other states follow suit and we can end something that crops up again and again here in the forums. (Not the posting of such things, but questions on what to do.)

davew128

I'll buy extortion, but ID theft and conspiracy are a major reach. I also have problems in general with trying to criminalize free speech because it is unpopular (noting that the owner of the site pulled it down before the CA law was enacted).

Isis1

gosh diddly darn it!

i thought someone was posting a nude photo of tranq and was about to start searching......

that's FALSE ADVERTISEMENT!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">