• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Reneging on yearly Bonus

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lgonzales

What is the name of your state? NM
I have worked for an LLC company for the past 7 years. Every year, all employees have received a bonus. We are wholly owned by a very large corporation. I was just told that the clasification as an administrative person within the "large corporation" are not eligible for a bonus; therefore, I am not eligible for one.

Can this company do this? Can a company change the policy after 7 years? The company I work for is slowing trying to put us (25 employees) all under this large company's benefits and policies.

I am the only one in our company that is considered hourly and cannot be considered as a salary employee as the large corporation's administrative staff are only hourly (which does not bother me.)

Thanks for any insight.What is the name of your state?

JETX

lgonzales said:
Can this company do this? Can a company change the policy after 7 years?
Of course they can!!!
A bonus is just that... a BONUS. It is voluntary and is not wages or salary.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">