• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Renewing permanent resident card, is it the right form?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jjv3131

What is the name of your state (Texas)?

Hi, I posted a thread a couple of days ago about applying for citizenship but find out that if I have less than 6 months before my green card expires I had to renew my permanent resident (green) card.

My card expires in 3 months and I am wondering if the form I-90 is the right form to fill out to renew....also can I go to my local USCIS office to get a temporary card because I travel sometimes to mexico and I heard it takes a some time to get the new permanent resident card.

Thank you.

ImmigAttyLana

Yes, the I-90 is the right form to apply for the renewal of your green card. You will not get any temporary card and the new card will probably take a couple of months. However, in the meantime, if you need to travel internationally, you can get a stamp in your passport at the local USCIS office once you have proof that your I-90 has been filed.

jjv3131

Thank you so much for your answer. Also, I was reading the instructions to fill out form I-90 and it says that if I reached my 14th birthday since my card was issued I no longer need to submit photographs when I file form I-90, is this correct?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">