• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rent car dispute

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jtoby

What is the name of your state? Texas
My Lexus SUV was hit by another driver. While being repaired the other vehicle's insurance company will only pay $25.99 per day for a rent car. I need a large vehicle to transport elderly family members. My rent cost is $36.95 per day. Do I have a legal right to get them to pay my actual cost? Who governs what cost must be reimbursed by the insurance company?undefined

Last edited:

Who's Liable?

The cost of the rental is goverened by what the insurance company will pay, not by what you need... Insurance companies are not legally bound to provide a like vehicle like most people like to think, but they need to provide some sort of transportation whether it be a scooter or a geo metro...

You might be able to get a larger vehicle for the lower price if you are nice and kindly ask the rental agent... A lot of times they will bend over backwards or their clients if you are nice to them...

volvoxc70

Rental Car

New Hampshire

In some states the insurance related statutes entitle you to a car of equivalent value. Prior to "caving-in", please check out your state statutes and always get things in writing from all parties. Go on the web to your insurance commissioner. ;) It's amazing how people can't remember anything when they have to pay for something!!!

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">