• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rent collection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

ktty996

I rented my home to a friend with only a verbal agreement. The "friend" purchased his own home and left. He owes me for Oct and part of Nov. How do i prove it is owed and how do i collect? Thanks! ktty996

HomeGuru

File a small claims action. It is easy to prove that he lived there through Post Office records, utility bills, your testimony neighbors etc. It is easy to prove that he owes the money. Can he give you copies of cancelled checks or paid cash receipts? C'mon and get with the program. If you want to be landlord you must act like one.
Know the L/T laws or at least know where to find it.

K

ktty996

rent collection

To Home Guru
Thanks for the reply. I guess i let my friendship get in the way. You said exactly what i needed to hear! ktty996

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">