• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rent Control Districts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Senior Member
Double the tenants rent and see what happens


Call a local real estate/eviction attorney.

STARFIRE57 said:
What is the name of your state? California

How does one find out if they are in a rent control district? :confused:


Call your local housing officials or rent control board. Or contact the local law library or request a copy of the local ordinance from the city or county clerk's office. Also check the Internet or your telephone book for any tenant assistance offices in your location.


Senior Member
hee hee

fairlight said:
So is a California Tenant's Handbook :).
Was that supposed to be funny? Is it hard. I just provide the link and never went anywhere from there... is it hard?? are you being sarcastic.. I am not I never delved into my favorite site.. though it is a bit vague on some points... but so are Californians...

fairlight... you remind me I have to check my right headlight.. sheesh another friggin' weekend doing something else when I should be looking after my car.


Junior Member
If you live in city of LA, you can call 1-866-557-RENT to find out if your building is covered by the RSO.
Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential