• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rent increases in PA

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

KhakiCampbell

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Pennsylvania

The lease is up for my tenant this month and I gave him a new new lease to start in 30 days with a rent increase. I asked him to please sign and return it to me within 2 days if he intended on accepting the new lease. He says by PA Law I have to give him 30 days to think about it. I've already given him a 30 day notice that if he didn't want to accept the new lease he could stay until august 9th. Does he really have 30 days to "think about it"?

Gail in Georgia

Your current tenant can "think" about it all that they want.

In the meantime, you can assume that you will have an empty rental come August 9th. Begin the process of finding new tenants for your rental unit. If the current tenant asks why you are showing the property to applicants, explain that since their lease ends this month and you have not received a new signed lease from them, your assumption is that they will be moving out at the end of this month.

Gail

KhakiCampbell

Thank you

Your current tenant can "think" about it all that they want.

In the meantime, you can assume that you will have an empty rental come August 9th. Begin the process of finding new tenants for your rental unit. If the current tenant asks why you are showing the property to applicants, explain that since their lease ends this month and you have not received a new signed lease from them, your assumption is that they will be moving out at the end of this month.

Gail
THANK YOU so much! These situations always cause me anxiety. Now I can just move forward. Thanks again!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">