• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rent increasing alot

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

rentsup

I MOVED INTO A GARDEN APARTMENT IN LONG ISLAND NEW YORK.

I got a two year lease and with the terms that the rent would go up in the second year. It was a $15.00 increase.

Now my lease is up and I am going into my third year. I received a letter about lease renewal and now it is stated that the community is only going to issue 1 year leases for now on and that my rent, if I want to stay is $50.00 more.

50 bucks more!!!!!! that's 65 dollars more from 2000 to 2001 WHAT'S UP IS THIS LEGAL, AFTER NEXT YEAR ANOTHER 50 OR HUNDRED, many people have to leave, because they are forced out. Is there a percentage cap on increases on long island New York. It would make sense, because this is abuse. It's like bait and switch almost.

Please let me now about caps on increases and any legal action that may help me prevent them from asking for exuberant increases from me.

J

Jack Mevorach, Esq.

Call NYS Division of Housing and Community Renewal and ask if you're "rent stabilized".

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">