• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rent to own artical agreement and landloard breached the agreement

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Amb0311

For some reason I posted the same post to different threads and all but one got deleted .. I never got any replies from them yet so I'm going to post again in hope someone can give me some information while i wait for my appointment with my attorney..

Sorry if this is long but ill try to keep it short .. I am lcated in altoona pennysvinna .. My family and I did a rent to own artical agreement for a house for $14k with $6,000 down and $400 a month for 20 months we signed it back in September 2017 notified through a abstract agency and all documented in the courthouse . The $6k as the down payment was agreed from the landloard that he will pay the back water bill of $863.77 and the back taxes of two years , the taxes totaled up to $1,483 he was to pay them before or by November 1st 2017 which is stated in our artical agreement . the house was bare no carpet, flooring, kitchen ect thats why we agreed the move in date on November 1st giving us the time to so the repairs and giving him the time to pay all the back bills.. The day we moved in I called to verify to see if the taxes and water bill was paid and it never was , I tried contacted the landloard and calling the water company and tax office daily. No call back from the landloard or no payment made on his part.. Big kicker is he doesnt live close he lives over 100 miles away from us! So there is no way of easy access to him .. The rent money was to be sent to his bank account through direct deposit and he was to supply that information before I was to move in and he never gave me that information either.. Two weeks past after living there I was forced to pay the water bill ourselfs due having kids since it was hard enough going to my parents house to take baths get water ect . I contacted my family attorney and he wrote out a letter and sent it certifiedied to the landloard.. No reponse from the landloard , after 5 letters being sent out to him my attorney told me to sue him in court for the breach of agreement .. Ive been living here for 5 months now, ive put back 5 months of rent and after countless times of calling my landloard I finally got in touched with him asking him why hasn't he done what he was suppose to do and why hasnt he reponded to my attorneys letters , he said there was no back water bill to pay (which I got proof I paid it) and no back taxes and he never got any letters from my attorney even though all this time he knew there was back bills needed paid before we moved in and he had to,receive my attorneys letters because they was sent out certified .. And what kind of landloard goes 5 months without contacting their renters to get the rent money? If it wasnt for me calling him non stop I probably wouldnt hear from him . Now after contacting him his mother came to the house today saying she is now power of attorney over him and we have to deal with her that she is giving us two weeks to provide rent money acting like we breached the agreement , showing us she paid the back taxes and taking our picture of our faces of us standing on our front porch to show proof she was there to talk to us , I told her we did not make the agreement with her and she did not supply papers of her being a power of attorney over her son ..Now I am in the process of getting a hold of my attorney again because he made it clear in all the papers and clear to me that I do not pay any rent money until the landloard gets in contact and in the papers my attorney sent out he said he was giving him two weeks to get in contact before we sue him to hand over the deed.. . this all happen today with her showing up and I'm just trying to seek help and information while waiting on my attorney to contact me back .. Does anyone have any information to share with me? The landloard breached our agreement and our agreement does not state anywhere on our papers that his mother is power of attorney of him, she was never present of our agreement or was never present at the closing of us signing these papers. Does she have any right to come by acting like we are the ones breaching the agreement trying to take over for her son? Also has anyone dealt with an issue like this and won a case in court?

Thanks

Shadowbunny

Queen of the Not-Rights
For some reason I posted the same post to different threads and all but one got deleted .. I never got any replies from them yet so I'm going to post again in hope someone can give me some information while i wait for my appointment with my attorney..

Sorry if this is long but ill try to keep it short .. I am lcated in altoona pennysvinna .. My family and I did a rent to own artical agreement for a house for $14k with $6,000 down and $400 a month for 20 months we signed it back in September 2017 notified through a abstract agency and all documented in the courthouse . The $6k as the down payment was agreed from the landloard that he will pay the back water bill of $863.77 and the back taxes of two years , the taxes totaled up to $1,483 he was to pay them before or by November 1st 2017 which is stated in our artical agreement . the house was bare no carpet, flooring, kitchen ect thats why we agreed the move in date on November 1st giving us the time to so the repairs and giving him the time to pay all the back bills..

The day we moved in I called to verify to see if the taxes and water bill was paid and it never was , I tried contacted the landloard and calling the water company and tax office daily. No call back from the landloard or no payment made on his part.. Big kicker is he doesnt live close he lives over 100 miles away from us! So there is no way of easy access to him .. The rent money was to be sent to his bank account through direct deposit and he was to supply that information before I was to move in and he never gave me that information either.. Two weeks past after living there I was forced to pay the water bill ourselfs due having kids since it was hard enough going to my parents house to take baths get water ect .

I contacted my family attorney and he wrote out a letter and sent it certifiedied to the landloard.. No reponse from the landloard , after 5 letters being sent out to him my attorney told me to sue him in court for the breach of agreement .. Ive been living here for 5 months now, ive put back 5 months of rent and after countless times of calling my landloard I finally got in touched with him asking him why hasn't he done what he was suppose to do and why hasnt he reponded to my attorneys letters , he said there was no back water bill to pay (which I got proof I paid it) and no back taxes and he never got any letters from my attorney even though all this time he knew there was back bills needed paid before we moved in and he had to,receive my attorneys letters because they was sent out certified .. And what kind of landloard goes 5 months without contacting their renters to get the rent money? If it wasnt for me calling him non stop I probably wouldnt hear from him .

Now after contacting him his mother came to the house today saying she is now power of attorney over him and we have to deal with her that she is giving us two weeks to provide rent money acting like we breached the agreement , showing us she paid the back taxes and taking our picture of our faces of us standing on our front porch to show proof she was there to talk to us , I told her we did not make the agreement with her and she did not supply papers of her being a power of attorney over her son ..

Now I am in the process of getting a hold of my attorney again because he made it clear in all the papers and clear to me that I do not pay any rent money until the landloard gets in contact and in the papers my attorney sent out he said he was giving him two weeks to get in contact before we sue him to hand over the deed.. . this all happen today with her showing up and I'm just trying to seek help and information while waiting on my attorney to contact me back ..

Does anyone have any information to share with me? The landloard breached our agreement and our agreement does not state anywhere on our papers that his mother is power of attorney of him, she was never present of our agreement or was never present at the closing of us signing these papers. Does she have any right to come by acting like we are the ones breaching the agreement trying to take over for her son? Also has anyone dealt with an issue like this and won a case in court?

Thanks
In future posts, please use white space so the volunteers can more easily read your posts.

It doesn't matter if mom wasn't present when the agreements were made or at the closing. What matters is whether she actually has a POA or not. But you already have an attorney who has the facts that we don't. You're better off waiting to hear from him. But in the meantime, keep setting aside rent; that was a smart thing to do.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">