• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental history verification

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

i45ric

What is the name of your state? Florida

What recourse does one have if a current or former landlord refuses to respond to verification request?

Alaska landlord

Consider yourself lucky. It could have easily turned out that your landlord gave you a bad reference. I sometimes help the caller ask the right questions without putting myself in a situation where I can be sued.

aabbcc

Excellent points were made here. You should be thankful. The fact that the landlord doesn't want to say anything could mean there is something negative (in the landlord's view) about your tenancy. Leave it alone.

Cvillecpm

Professional landlords and property managers charge a FEE to complete rental verification forms - usually $25 to $50.

I don't complete them unless the check "form fee" accompanies the verification form and if there is no check, I don't complete the verification or talk to any prospective landlord or mortgage co.

i45ric

I don't feel lucky

The problem I'm experiencing is the current landlord doesn't want us to move out. With just about every rental community you need a current verifiable history from your last landlord. We don't have a signed lease and we are feeling coerced/trapped into staying.

So, we not feeling real lucky**************..
But thanks for your responses.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">