• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rental Insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Spectre927

What is the name of your state? California

My car was parked outside my work, when a lady had a seizure and somehow despite all odds, hit my car & totalled it. It took them little over a month to tell me it was totalled and then another bit of time to get me the check. The car I had wasn't rare, but wasn't the easiest to find and its a fairly high demand car. Every one I looked at was way over the value and finally I gave up on that kind of car and ended up buying something else within days of finding it. It took 2 additional months from what was covered by the insurance to find that car, (now a year later I'm trying to get rid of because its such a POS, but at the time I was in such a rush to get a new car I overlooked a lot of things & now its costing me) which meant a $1,200 bill that wasn't covered. Does anyone know who's responsible? I get mad thinking about it because its part of the reason I'm taking some time off from college to work. I'd sue her and make her buy me the exact car I had if possible and pay for all the crap I had to do to my "new" car, but I just want to be reimbursed for the $1200 if possible. Am I responislbe for it?

pojo2

Are you saying you bought a replacement car that need work? How could that be anyones responsibility but yours?

That you were in a rush and did not get an inspection of a used car is your responsibility and has nothing to do with the accident and your possible recoveries there.

Sorry if I misunderstood your post.

JETX

Spectre927 said:
which meant a $1,200 bill that wasn't covered. Does anyone know who's responsible?
If you mean a $1200 bill for the RENTAL car... you are responsible for it. The delay in purchasing a replacement vehicle was completely in YOUR control.... and your responsibility.

Spectre927

JETX said:
If you mean a $1200 bill for the RENTAL car... you are responsible for it. The delay in purchasing a replacement vehicle was completely in YOUR control.... and your responsibility.
I only control what I want and can afford...not what's for sale and how much they want for it...

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">