• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental property insurance

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

blai4s

What is the name of your state? maine
i have 3 single family homes that i rent out and are mortgage free.i built the houses myself and insured them for more than what they were worth $84000 now my insurance is threatening me to cancel my policy if i do not increase it to $145000 each.if the house were to burn down the foundation land and leachfield is still there?the valuation on the house is only $115000 with land and all.they call it replacement cost.i know if the house burns they will not give me $145000 to replace it.does this sound legal or can i insure it for what i want.they are just small ranches.they sell 2 story cape modulars down the road finished on your lot for $69000. thanks mike

Bigfoot

This gives you an excellent opportunity to entertain (and companre) offers from other property insurance carriers. Any reason why you haven't done so?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">