• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

rental references

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

K

krissie1977

My boyfriend and i wanted to move out of our mobile home. we were looking for apartments and decided to apply for one.we had not given the land owners a 30 day notice. we fully intended to do so but not until we found another place to live. When the apartment manager called our mobile home park management for a refernce they were told we had housekeeping issues. more to the point they told them specific things that were lies and made us look really bad. they then told the apartment managers they were going to evict us. i should clarify somthing we lived in a bad neighborhood most people didnt pay there reent on time. we lived ther two years we were never late and usually early we were qiute never had shouting matches in the street and never had the police called on us. i think they were afraid of losing us. we waited till after the first of the month we did not recieve an eviction. then we found another apartment and had our old landlord lie and say we had always lived there. my question is this what if anything can i do to prevent this sort of thing from happening to us again? also arent there certain things these people can and cant say? i would apreciate any input. tarrant co. texas.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">