• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Rented roll off container(pulled power lines off my house

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

artiewylde

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

3 weeks ago a driver of a dumpster I was renting pulled power lines off my house from the driveway. I had no power for a day and had to get an electrician to fix the damage. The damage was $745 not to mention I lost all of my groceries and had to deal with a newborn and 5 yr old with no power on a hot summer night. I am now chasing this guy for 3 weeks to pay me back the $745. I keep getting the runaround. Never calls me back, etc... What are my options? I only want the money back for the damage. If I go through my insurance, there is a $500 deductible, so whats the point?. Any advice would be helpful.

LdiJ

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Massachusetts

3 weeks ago a driver of a dumpster I was renting pulled power lines off my house from the driveway. I had no power for a day and had to get an electrician to fix the damage. The damage was $745 not to mention I lost all of my groceries and had to deal with a newborn and 5 yr old with no power on a hot summer night. I am now chasing this guy for 3 weeks to pay me back the $745. I keep getting the runaround. Never calls me back, etc... What are my options? I only want the money back for the damage. If I go through my insurance, there is a $500 deductible, so whats the point?. Any advice would be helpful.
Was the driver in question employed by the company who rented you the dumpster? If so, have you made a claim with that company?

artiewylde

Was the driver in question employed by the company who rented you the dumpster? If so, have you made a claim with that company?
He is the owner,familiy based company. I have only made a claim with my ins. company. He said he was going to pay me first through his ins., then 2 weeks went by, nothing. I called him 3 days ago and it was " I'll just pay you out of pocket" ....and again nothing. Today I have been hung up on twice saying he will call me back. frustrating. I feel like ringing his neck.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If your insurance company covers it, then THEY will go after him. When/if they recover from him, then they will refund your deductible.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">