• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

renters insuance #2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

p. pippin

What is the name of your state? What is the name of your state? missouri. i recently made a claim to state farm on a theft from my auto at home . the investigator wanted me to document my work hours for that day and to see my company vacation policy. i would not sign a blanket privacy waver so i could be in control of who they spoke to about me.
my company is very sensitive about releasing documents or discussing policy with third parties and would not allow me to give out the requested information.
my supervisor did agree to confirm my work hours and a brief statement of vacation policy over the phone to me with the investigator listining. the investigator agreed to these terms and we made a conference call. my supervisor inquired as to what any of this information had to do with a theft from a car. the investigator engaged in conversation with him and started asking questions other then the agreed upon ones such as how much vacation time i had. it was apparent my boss was getting irritated with his manner and tone, but the investigator continued nearly reaching a point of confrontation. i believe this incident compromised my integrity at work and could have a negative effect on future raises and promotion.
my question is could this be a bad faith incident on the part of the investigator ?

JETX

"my question is could this be a bad faith incident on the part of the investigator ?"
*** No. And even if it were, you would not be able to prove that there were any pre-established limits on the subjects.... or even what they were.

My questions.... for some reason, it appears that the investigatoris suspicious of the claim.
1) Why and why would your statement be suspect??
2) What, if anything, does your vacation time have to do with this claim and investigation?? Are you claiming thousands of dollars in 'vacation' gear (cameras, camping, etc.)??

P

p. pippin

it was a new policy ( my agent initiated the sale)

i told the investigator i might extend my vacation if had car problems ( was having mechanical problems ) or if i just decided to stay longer.

yes they took alot of my belongings

the investigator told me there was another car robbed that night in the same parking lot

P

p. pippin

how long is a reasonable time for a company to settle a claim

B

BennyDi

p. pippin said:
i believe this incident compromised my integrity at work and could have a negative effect on future raises and promotion.
my question is could this be a bad faith incident on the part of the investigator ?

I am having a little difficulty understanding how an investigators questions to your boss would have a negative effect on future raises on promotions. One has nothing to do with the other. And if your boss apraises your work performance based on an insurance investigators questions, you might want to seek work elsewhere?

I don't know about all insurance companies, but some companies reserve the right to refuse payment on any claims made within a certain time period of the start of the policy. Say, 30 days, for instance. And some companies also reserve the right to not only refuse payment of the claim, but to also cancel your policy. You might want to inquire as to your companies policies with regard to this matter. You can consult your state insurance department.

tammy8

Usually theif claims take a bit longer to settle than your other standard claims because not only do you have to go through the regular adjusters but you also must go through the speical investigations unit of most companies. Did you have damage to your vehicle also (broken window or jimmined lock)? Do you have a police report and as someone else asked, what got stolen out of your vehicle? Do you have proof (receipts, pictures) that you actually had these items?

These are questions that usually get asked in any simple theif investigation.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">