• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repair Contract not met

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bjj27709

What is the name of your state? NC

I have a contract to purchase a home in Raleigh, NC. We had the home inspected after the offer and found several problems. The most serious.. Roofing problem, Standing water in the back yard, cut double floor joist to accomadate a duct were identified and requested repaired. The roof was fixed. The water problem was attempted but not corrected completely... still wet yard. Finally the floor joist was not repaired to meet code. The contractor placed a pier under the cut joist but didn't pour a concrete footing under it.

The seller indicated on the property disclosure that he wasn't aware of any problems with the structure, drainage problems, etc.

My questions is this. I have a $3000.00 repair contingency. I've spent over $500 in inspections and follow-ups to try and ensure the repairs are done. Do I need to obtain multible quotes that meet or exceed the $3K to terminate this contact? What are my options? Final walk through in 5 days. Closing in 6. Help Please!!!!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">