• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repayment of overpay

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

JasonCP

What is the name of your state? Alabama

I was givng two addintonal check after I left a company I worked for I did not notice at first then when I did i took the stance let them connact me . We get paid biweekly (I did not live on happy terms) Then they depost another paycheck in my account ( i had direct deposit) will i took the money A side and said Again i don't have time to fix their problem. Will another pay period came and I saw a depoist go any and come back out. I figure they would call me or mail me a letter noting the problem and ask me to return the money. Will nothing happen i figured hey they wrote it off or maybe a servant package i didn't know about. I have now been gone for this company three going on four months. Now they called my cell phone number that they got for an excoworker. And have asked for the money back. Now I don't mind giving the money back I didn't work for it. But I would like to make the process diffcult to teach them a lesson. When I quit i filled out all the paper worked and asked them to make sure i was removed from payroll. So I wanted have this problem. Will to get to point do I have the right to make them mail me copies of the paycheck i was to said to reicve ( i have never got them) the date which i quit the reason for the error a copy of my w-2 for the end of the current year and proof they have fixed the problem. Also when I pay this amount A letter that this matter is now fixed they have no more right to pursue in further action agasint me and they are sorry for their mistake.

HomeGuru

JasonCP said:
What is the name of your state? Alabama

I was givng two addintonal check after I left a company I worked for I did not notice at first then when I did i took the stance let them connact me . We get paid biweekly (I did not live on happy terms)

**A: if you did not live on happy terms, are you now writing from the unhappy dead place?

JasonCP

The real question is how do you portect yourself form a company that has miss paid for mot coming back a month later and saying we over paid you after you had repaid them. They where dump to over pay you in the first place and not notice for a couple of months. what to say the forget that you repaid them. or they want you to pay back more than you own

racer72

Of course it would be easy for them to screw with you too. Maybe they will sue you and besides the back pay you get to pay attorney and court costs too. Add on some interest and who will be singing the blues.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">