• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Repayment

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

P

pielover

What is the name of your state? Michigan
Hello. My problem is that Workmans comp overpaid me back last year when I was on injury leave from a hernia operation. I did not realize the error. I got a call stating that I should have caught the mistake and I should not have cashed the check. The check was for an extra week off the job. The check was from the beginning of the injury, not the end. Anyways, they want the money back in huge amounts. Like 100- 200 dollars a month which I do not have. What is my obligation to the insurance company?? i offered to pay like 10 or 20 dollars a month(which is squeezing it) and they said no way. I have good credit and wonder if that can be sent to collections. I never signed an agreement on monthly installments. I have no one to borrow the money from. They want close to a thousand dollars. I just need some advise before I proceed. Thank You!!

JETX

"What is my obligation to the insurance company??"
*** Simple. You were not entitled to the funds and should not have spent them.

"i offered to pay like 10 or 20 dollars a month(which is squeezing it) and they said no way. I have good credit and wonder if that can be sent to collections."
*** Yep. And if they want, they can sue you and get a judgment.

"I never signed an agreement on monthly installments. I have no one to borrow the money from. They want close to a thousand dollars. I just need some advise before I proceed. Thank You!!"
*** What kind of 'advice' do you want. You were not entitled to the money. They sent it to you in error. You spent it. They want it back. Sounds pretty simple to me. If you don't repay it, they can get a judgment and start seizing non-exempt assets... and garnish your wages.

Cold?? Yep.
Harsh?? Yep.
Correct?? Yep.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">