• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Replace roof or cancel my policy?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

Maximus_440

I recently received a letter from my home owners insuraqnce company that they had taken a poll and, to reduse the number of claims processed,my home came up as one that was in need of a new roof.Keep in mind I have just purchased my home two years ago and the insurance company did a complete inspection prior to giving me coverage.At any rate,I called my local office and spoke to the agent.He informed me that I either replace the roof on my home or they will cancel my policy.Do they have any legal right to do that?

L

lawrat

I am a law school graduate. What I offer is mere information, not to be construed as forming an attorney client relationship.

Contact your state department of insurance. Then, take out your original inspection and let the insurance company know what they are trying to do amounts to insurance fraud.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">