• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Replacement cost estimate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Jeninole

After I paid for my policy the company said that upon inspection there was an increase in the replacement cost estimate and I needed to pay an additional $700. Can they do this?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
After I paid for my policy the company said that upon inspection there was an increase in the replacement cost estimate and I needed to pay an additional $700. Can they do this?
Yep - read your policy.

adjusterjack

It's an underwriting requirement that you insure your house to its replacement value.

If you don't comply, you can be cancelled or non-renewed.

How much of an increase in Coverage A (dwelling) has been required? From what to what?

$700 seems like a lot of premium increase for an increase in value.

You can check the replacement cost of your dwelling at:

http://www.building-cost.net/Valuation/Start

See if it comes close to what your insurance company is estimating.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">