• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



from CA
i am overseeing collections for a small company that sells and rents steel shipping containers. We have a lot of accounts that are way over due and we intend to take nonpayers to small claims court to recoup losses.
The non payers that still have possession of our containers are to be repossed. I am wanting to send out a five day notice that the container will be picked up off the nonpayers property whether full of their possessions or not. The contents are to be held in container at our facility for 30 days. If account is paid in full contents will be released, if not paid contents will be sold or whatever by the company. My question... Is it legal to go onto nonpayers property inorder to repo our container? Any laws that will not allow us to legally carry out this proposed process? Thanks for any help.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential